Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Not many blogs today?

I have only been able to read a few blogs today as most have not appeared in my sidebar.  I'll take it that most of you are just taking a break today rather than a problem with Blogger.  So far I've had pretty good luck with being able to see the updated blogs.

I've had pretty much of a do-nothing day, but I'll make up for it tomorrow.  I'm planning on checking out a couple of classes at the gym, and maybe a quick trip to Costco.

I like my new haircut but it still isn't what I need, so the next time it is going to be cut short.  Every time I lean my head forward or look down, the hair falls into my face.  It is very difficult to eat, in fact, without getting a strand of hair in my mouth.  I don't know how people stand it.  I liked wearing it pulled back, but that style didn't really suit me.

Backpacker magazine sends me an email update every week describing hikes and backpack trips that are worth looking into.  This week they featured several in California, including a number of trips in the Shasta Trinity NF, which is where I am eager to spend some time and explore.  I doubt that I can get away for a month or more, and by then I'll be looking at colder weather.  I always liked cold weather hiking and camping, but it dawned on me that I'm not as young as I used to be and that maybe I should look for optimum weather conditions.  That said, I'm thinking maybe I could just plan on staying overnights at a motel and then doing day hikes. 

I don't know why I can't just sit still and relax for a few months especially after the tiring trip I recently made, but there are so many places I want to see.

12 comments:

  1. I haven't posted yet and I really don't have much to post. Maybe after I read some I might change my mind.

    If you want to see things and do things and your feeling well you should go. We need to have fun while we can.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto what Jo said... go on and git... you're a gypsy... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my haircut is basically the same as yours. I just tuck my hair behind my ears when I bend down for doing dishes or whatever. I have also used a hairband at times. I just find the bob so easy to look after. My hair doesn't do well short as I have a double crown so I look like Dennis the Menace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trouble with day hikes is you can't go very far because you got to come back to the motel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started using a shaver with a one inch guard. My hair now stays put, wash dry and go.

    If you're able to hike, go for it. One day that option will be gone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure know what you mean when you say..."I don't know why I can't just sit still and relax for a few months".

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know just what you mean about hating having your hair falling in your face. I've finally gotten good enough with the Flowbee to just whack it off whenever that happens. Wish I could get Backpacker to send me hikes for wherever I happen to be. Maybe you should relax on the trail. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did notice that there weren't very many blogs yesterday.

    My hair is short and I love it. I have cowlicks all over my head, nothing that a style brush and hairspray can't fix. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sittin still is for dead people and BillyBob. Get out and git busy having fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When you said you were getting your hair cut short the other day, I was surprised at what you thought was short. I haven't had long hair since I was 16.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't update while I'm working the 12 hour shifts, so any posts tend to congregate around my days off. For the hiking, it is just getting cool enough for me to want to hike the desert around here in Phoenix. Still having a difficult time with the concept of no trees or shade on the trails. So, tomorrow I'm heading up to one of the short trails to start with. I figure any directions that start with 'park in the Dollar Tree parking lot' should be in my range of ability. I'll work up from there. Phoenix seems to have a large network of trails on the north (well, north of Mesa) side of town.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nothing happening here to blog about. And I can't imagine anything but short hair anymore. Tried a perm this summer and that was a flop so wash and wear from here on out. I agree, go hiking. Even if it's only day hikes. If you had an RV that's what you'd be doing - day hikes and back to the camper at night.

    ReplyDelete