Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Too hot!

It is 88 at 1;00pm and pushing for a high of 97 today. Then is stays sunny until so late there is no break from the heat. The next 2 days will be mid-80's, and then a few days in the 70's. Hallelujia! I really hate hot weather, but I'm getting too old to want to be in frigid temps in the winter. Asheville NC was just about perfect!

I did some shopping at the Sac Food Co-op this morning and loaded my cart with organic veggies, and also bought Dover sole filets. I haven't seen them in a long time, and having them fresh will be a real treat. I want some ice cream but as hot as it is it would melt on the way home, even if I buy it at someplace nearby.

What I need is to go to Home Depot and buy a mister, and then sit outside and be cool all afternoon. I wonder if they are expensive, but I guess everything is these days. The crape myrtles are starting to bloom which surprises me as they didn't bloom until around August in North Carolina.

The new MiFi is working fine, although I notice that sometimes it is smokin' hot and others it just crawls along. I still don't have my cell phone, but I'm not going to call my son or d-i-l and ask them to come over with it as hot as my house is. I may have to break down and hook up the swamp cooler, as I can't take many more afternoons like this one. I could go wander around the stores in cool comfort, but I am not leaving Lady at home to suffer alone.

It is so frustrating to try to do anything in Blogger lately. I wanted to change my header photo, which I've done many times before and done correctly. This time I kept getting a red message saying something about an incorrect url for the photo. So when I unclick "shrink to fit", the picture appears but is way too large for the screen. OK, I tried it one last time and it "took" even though it's not the picture I wanted and is not very clear.

11 comments:

  1. Oh Gypsy I'm so sorry to hear you and Lady are in 97 degree heat with no AC. Do you at least have a fan?? I don't know what I'd do here in the 90's with the air conditioning. Taking the humidity out of the air is half the battle I think.

    I know what you mean about blogger. I would love to move my blog to Word Press but I just don't have the energy to do it. I don't even know how to change my profile picture so it is at least 8years old. But I look better than now in it so I leave it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures are hard to post if they're too big.

    The heat is bad all over at the moment, even NY, wonder what it's going to be like in August. Take care and keep a cool with a cloth. (I put an ice pack on the back of my neck).

    ReplyDelete
  3. duh.... I meant I don't know what I'd do WITHOUT the air conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking your header picture do cool you off. subliminal

    ReplyDelete
  5. So far Billings hasn't been too hot but the temps are headed up. Supposed to be 97 for the wedding. So we'll all sweat. This is when it would be nice to be in the dry desert. I always worry about the girls and leaving them alone even with air in case it should happen to quit. I gave up on my header picture - that's why it's so large. I never could get it to fit. And it just made me mad trying to figure it out so I'm done and it's what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice header photo to cool off with. We finally broke down & put central air in about 4 years ago & it wasn't a minute too soon. Seems like the heat & humidty are increasing each year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, a swamp cooler wouldn't work around here, too humid, but maybe you can put in a couple of windows units? Sounds like some of your windows need re-doing anyway.
    Happy Tail and Trails, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that you leave this one up for a while, so that when it hits 106* on Saturday, ican look at it an pretend that I'm there. I don't think misters are very expensive. If they are they used to have a single one that you hook up to a water hose for kids to play in. Just a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  9. After a lifetime in Florida, California, and Arizona, I have found that a cooler with Blue Ice in it does wonders for keeping groceries cool on the way home. I also keep half-gallon jugs frozen for bigger tasks - or bigger coolers.

    A tiny spray bottle would do as a personal mister. I use one to mist water onto my sourdough bread before baking, but could just as easily aim it towards my face! ;->

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, a cooler with a ice pack. We live in az &I have to bring home Blue Bell ice cream. Works great. And so does window air conditioners & not expensive any more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at the bright side - at least looking at your new header will cool us all off. :D

    Home Depot sells little misters for $8 - they're cheap, but used correctly they work great and would keep you and Lady cool. In fact I may pick one up for our back deck - it gets full sun and it has been in the 100s all week, but I love to sit outside. :)

    Try and stay cool. Take care

    ReplyDelete