Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lifting weights & tie-dye

I went shopping this afternoon with Jeannie, Donald, and their two little girls. We first went to Play It Again Sports so that I could get some small hand weights. Used but look-like-new cost $.49 per pound, so that 2 each of 1# and 2# set me back about $3.00. Later at another discount sporting goods store I saw the exact same 2# weight for $5.99 EACH! So now I can start out with the 1# and work my way up to 4#, and I sort of doubt I will be going any higher than that, although you just never know.

My eyes are seriously bad now, and exercise may be one of the few things I can do for recreation. What a predicament! I think the severity of swelling wasn't apparent as long as I using the after-surgery eyedrops. I will just hope the saline drops will begin to work soon, as it doesn't matter how I'm willing to camp - 5th wheel, truck camper, or tent, I'm sure not driving more than a few miles anywhere.

A word about the tie-dye shirts. At one of Meg's baby showers each guest had the opportunity to decorate a little "one-sie", and Sarah did a tie-dye. Then it just grew from there that we would make tie-dye t-shirts for the entire family and have a group picture taken. Steve has been a long time fan of Jerry Garcia, so the tie-dye sort of fits in. He and Meg went to a Halloween party one year dressed as hippies, and they looked absolutely great. So the theme was a perfect one, and Bill was "up there" laughing his head off at us, and probably glad he didn't have to wear a shirt. He would have, though. I never wore tie-dye when it was in fashion, so I wasn't exactly loving the idea of it, but it turned out to be such fun and I'm glad I did.

I have an appointment tomorrow morning with a doctor that was recommended by one of Jeannie's work colleagues. I am hoping it will work out that I finally get someone I can feel comfortable with, as was my old doctor in Swannanoa (NC). I have a couple of issues that I'm concerned with, and I am glad to finally get a chance to either worry more or just forget about them.

I did solve the problem of leg cramps at night, at least I hope it is solved. I do the wall push-ups before going to bed, which stretches out the back of the calves, and since I've been doing that I've been sleeping for longer stretches at a time and have no leg cramps throughout the night. Could that be better than potassium supplements?

I need to turn in early tonight so I can wake up before dawn - get the dog walked, take a shower and dry my hair, etc. Donald is driving me to the appointment as the medical center is in a part of downtown that has very little parking. I don't even think the light rail runs nearby or I could take that. The problem with a very early appointment is that I will be running into commuter traffic, and I don't think I could face that with my sight being how it is now.

A note to Guy who wrote me about a week ago regarding Stillman RV Park: I have often thought about this park, except that it is not near any of my kids and is in a part of town that is unfamiliar to me. I'm still hoping to sell the 5ver, but we'll see. I signed a 90-day consignment agreement, so that will possibly take care of up to mid-December. That would work out fine if I should have to take it back - I would just spend Christmas with my kids and leave shortly after that. A lot depends on my visual acuity however.

Well, wish me luck and tune in tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Well, the up side of an early medical appointment is that it will probably be on time & you will be in & out of there right quick:)) Sure beats a mid afternoon appointment. That is sure too bad about your eye situation. What a lengthy ordeal this has been for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a find with those dumbbell weights. Such a deal. I've heard of Play It Again but have never seen one.

    I sure hope you get your answers at your doctor appointment tomorrow and you will find this doctor to your liking. Finding a good docter is really difficult. Some are just so dismissive of a complaint or issue and that just makes me burn!

    We're planning to be back in Isleton over the New Year holiday. Might be there for about 4 or 5 days, don't have the exact dates yet but I'm hoping we can come up to Sac. and see you.

    Take care, good luck tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your new doc. My doctor told me (for leg cramps) to stand on my toes, rock back on my heels. He said using a book, like a step,under the toes, just sorta rock up, and then back on your heels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the new Doctor. I sure hope he is more help to you than the "eye" guys have been.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck Gypsy. You sure have been put through the ringer on this eye problem.

    We have "Second Time Around" stores here in Indiana. I think they are probably about the same thing. All very good used items...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best wishes on a good doc visit. Mornings are always best, the doc is fresher, hasnt crammed in too many patients and the staff is on the ball too. Afternoon fatique hasn't set in. They even say in hospitals to get the morning surgery slots, less mistakes!

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete