Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Saturday, April 24, 2010

I've been domestic today

Every now and then even the worst housekeeper has to clean up a little, and I decided to start on it today. I've let things go since my surgery, but enough is enough. I didn't do the floors because I'm obeying the surgeon's orders not to bend or stoop down. I don't have a mop and always clean the kitchen and bathroom floors the old fashioned way - on my hands and knees.

Here is a photo of the kitchen.


I can't tell you how much I enjoy this kitchen. It's roomy enough to move around and prepare meals in, but it's still not overly big. The stove and refrigerator are space savers, and for once I can see the top of the fridge to know when it needs to be wiped off. I still have a few empty drawers and cabinets, but probably that won't last.

I think I've already posted pictures of the bedroom, and when I finally get the boxes emptied and disposed of that are sitting at the end of the couch, I'll take a picture of the living room. I do have just a little bit of pride, you know.

When I do any cleaning at all you know I am bored, and today is no exception. I can't stand not being able to drive, or rather, being cautious about driving. I need to go to the grocery, but I am going to wait until I can drive myself. Independence rocks, and I'm ready to start rockin' and rollin' again!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely kitchen! Thanks.
    Take it easy, you don't need any setbacks.
    Happy Recovery, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great kitchen. Love that counter space!

    Glad you feel up to a little housework. I think I'd "play sick" for a few weeks to avoid that job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice kitchen with lots of counter top. You'll love it. Please be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, that's a great kitchen. I like the galley configuration. Glad that you're feeling good and the Lassen gig sounds great again, too! I sure hope your eye does well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice looking kitchen, Gypsy. It sure looks like you've got yourself a great little apartment there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cozy kitchen & I do like cozy with everything at your fingertips. I have an 84 year old Aunt in Sarasota Florida who still does her floors the same way you do....on her hands & knees.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the kitchen; if I ever have a stick house again I want a tiled counter top.

    I feel the same way about cleaning. I miss having someone come once a week to do my cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you came through your surgery ok. I love MahJong also and am not sure I will ever give it up. Have you ever looked at the little Casita RV's? Love your appartment. It looks mighty clean to me. I am so used to driving a big truck, not sure I could go back to an itsy car. Still hoping we will meet along the road someday. I have relatives in Roseville, so maybe we will meet out there somewhere. Take care and I hope your eye has a complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete