Eastern Utah
EMAIL ME AT: mgypsy97 at aol dot com

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Slowly changing....

I don't know why, or where and when it all started, but I'm noticing that I am slowly changing, especially where it concerns things I never used to do. I have never been one to eat at restaurants. I like simple home cooking, so when my granddaughter called me yesterday afternoon asking me to join them for dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory in Folsom, my first inclination was to say "No". She told me it was the OSF's 40th anniversary and they had a special menu with dirt cheap prices; that her mom and dad would be there with Autumn, that Sarah and Joe were coming with Alyssa, and that she was bringing 3 of her friends. She said she would pick me up and bring me home because she knows I don't drive in the dark. It didn't take me long to agree, so I hurried down to the park showers, got dressed and dried my hair, and even put on lipstick!

The restaurant was swamped! Jeannie & Donald had gotten there over an hour earlier and had placed their name on the list, so the time went by and we were soon seated. I asked the waiter to bring me the bill when it was time to settle - their dad always did that and I figured it's now my turn. There were about 8 dinners on the menu, all pasta, but the prices were all under $4! Yes, that's $4.00. Two of us got a glass of wine, and my son had a glass of beer, and the total for all came to under $55! We had a wonderful time and even stood outside the restaurant gabbing for some time after, and then Ara and a friend drove me back home.

I think I used to be a bit specific about my likes and dislikes, to the point of being cranky once in a while. Now I get the initial thought in my head and tell myself how my life is changing and that I have to change as well. It's so much fun and I'm glad it's happening to me. I certainly want to be the best person I can be by the time I'm ready to leave this world. Not TOO soon, though.

I'm not sure what the weather will be today, but it isn't sunny as it was yesterday morning. I was motivated yesterday to clean the windows of the 5ver inside and out since the sun shining on one side showed me how dirty they were. I also need to take out the screens and give them a quick spray, which I suppose I could do with the outside shower. The park doesn't allow washing of trucks, cars, or RV's, but I didn't read anything about screens. Then I need to figure out how to get to the bedroom windows, which were too high for my 3-step ladder.

Steve is coming over this evening to take a look at my water heater, and I will be thrilled if he just flips a switch and it works. Since I was out gallivanting last night I didn't boil water to do the day's dishes, and I hope today will be the last time I have to do it. I'm reminded, though, of one of my aunts when I was a kid - they had no running water or electricity in their farmhouse - so washing dishes or washing clothes required boiling water. We forget how fortunate we are in that respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment